We are celebrating the amazing work of our team of volunteers in National Volunteers' Week.
Our team at Beyond Radio, as your local community radio station providing local radio for local people, is mainly made up of local volunteers.
We have more than 50 volunteers at the radio station providing a range of on-air programmes and off-air support.
Volunteers' Week is an annual celebration of the contribution millions of people make across the UK through volunteering in their communities, and runs from June 1 to 7.
The week is supported and celebrated by small grassroots organisations like ourselves, as well as larger, household-name charities.
Here are some more members of the Beyond Radio volunteer team.
Together they run hundreds of activities across the UK, which showcase and celebrate volunteers and their contribution to our communities.
As well as helping others, volunteering has been shown to improve volunteers' wellbeing too.
It’s human nature to feel good after helping someone out. Volunteering can also help you gain valuable new skills and experiences, and boost your confidence.
If you’re interested in volunteering, here are some stories to inspire you.
- 16.3m people volunteered through a group, club or organisation in 2020/21
- Most people have formally volunteered at some point in their lives, dipping in and out of involvement over time
- Volunteering patterns changed substantially during the pandemic
- Almost one in five (17%) people reported volunteering at least once a month, about 9.2m people
- Less visible is informal volunteering, which includes a wider range of activities including unpaid help for someone who is not a relative
- In 2020/21, 54% of the population (29.4m) volunteered informally at least once a year and 33% (17.9m) did so at least once a month
Volunteers are always active at the heart of every UK community. So during Volunteers' Week we are taking the time to celebrate and recognise their efforts and all they contribute to our local communities, the voluntary sector and society as a whole.
Volunteering is open to all and Beyond Radio is an inclusive organisation welcoming volunteer applications from people of any gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, nationality or sexual orientation.
If you would like information on how to volunteer with Beyond Radio, email firstname.lastname@example.org