Beyond Radio is the broadcast name of Proper Community Media (Lancaster) Limited - herein referred to as PCML Ltd.
Who is PCML Ltd?
PCML Ltd is the data controller and processor for the purposes of data shared with Beyond Radio.
This policy is effective from 24th May 2018. Your continued use and interaction with Beyond Radio means that you are happy for us to use your personal information as described in this policy. We may change this policy by updating this page so please check back from time to time.
What data is covered by this policy?
This policy covers information about or linked to a natural person (personal information). It includes data we obtain from you, like your name, email address, phone number, IP address, or mobile device’s unique identifier. We may also obtain indirect data about you from other sources including Google Adsense and Google Analytics.
Why does PCML Ltd collect personal information?
We aim to communicate meaningful information to our supporters on air, and occasionally by post, email, text, and telephone. Our communications may include news about our progress and ways our supporters can help us accomplish our goal to be a station beyond just radio. Aside from that, we use personal information to keep PCML Ltd running, better understand how our supporters use our service, customise their experiences (including the content, marketing materials, and advertisements they see), prevent abuse and improve Beyond Radio. We will also process your data based on these legitimate interests.
When does PCML Ltd collect personal information?
We may collect personal information during your interaction with PCML Ltd-branded websites; our microsites created from time to time to bring awareness of special causes, PCML Ltd mobile applications, our social media pages, and when you correspond with us by telephone (recorded), e-mail, post or SMS text.
Does PCML Ltd share personal information with others?
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, are legally permitted, or required by law to do so.
What are your personal information rights?
- Contact PCML Ltd: If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or wish to exercise your rights, please contact us by email at email@example.com or post GDPR, Beyond Radio, 75 Willow Lane, Lancaster. LA1 5PR and by calling 01524 888 450 (quoting GDPR enquiry).
- Complaints: We endeavor to respond to you within 30 days from receipt of your correspondence related to privacy matters. However, you have the right to contact the data protection supervisory authority to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office online at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/
- PCML Ltd is registered with the UK Information Commissioner's Office - Registration ZA403846.
- Access: You have the right to request us to provide you details of the personal information we hold about you.
- Correction: You have the right to ask us to correct our records if you believe they contain incorrect or incomplete information about you.
- Erasure: You have the right to erasure (deletion), without undue delay, of your personal information for which you later withdraw your consent to the processing, or when it is no longer needed for the purpose it was originally collected.
- Processing Restrictions: You have the right to temporarily restrict our processing of your personal information if: you contest the accuracy of your personal information; you prefer we restrict its use rather than erase it; you need it to be preserved to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim; whilst you are verifying whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it. You have the right to be informed before we lift the processing restriction.
- Data Portability: You have the right to ask us to provide you (in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format without hindrance) personal information about you that we have which you had provided to us. You may ask us to transmit it directly to another controller if it is technically feasible.
- Automated Individual Decision-making: PCML Ltd does not currently employ automated processing/profiling that produce legal effects on individuals. You have the right to object to direct marketing profiling (See "Right to Object to Direct Marketing" below).
Our Legitimate Interest to Send You Direct Marketing Communications by Post and Phone
We believe that our supporters expect us to tell them about new opportunities to contribute to our unique and rewarding work.
We depend on our supporters to continue our work and believe that this type of communication is a legitimate interest of ours that also respects our supporters’ rights and freedoms (see ‘Right to Object to Direct Marketing’).
- Right to Object to Direct Marketing: You always have the right to object to receiving direct marketing from us even if we believe that we have a legitimate interest to communicate with you in this way. You can contact us to request that we stop all direct marketing messages by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to Stop Email Marketing: Simply click on the unsubscribe link within any email. Requests are usually processed immediately but please allow ten (10) business days for the removal request to be processed. Even after you unsubscribe from promotional email messages, you may still receive transactional (non-marketing) messages from us.
- About non-PCML Ltd marketing communications: If you agreed to receive promotional offers from us on behalf of non-PCML Ltd business partners, we may send you offers about travel/holidays, leisure/lifestyle, education/events, home improvement/automotive and financial services that may be of interest to you. Please let us know at any time if you changed your mind (see above for our contact details).
We are committed to ensuring personal information is secure. We have put security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, we use secure server software (SSL) to encrypt any personal information we collect online. Unfortunately, the transmission of data across the internet is not completely secure and whilst we do our best to try to protect the security of your information, we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur whilst data is being transferred. We also put administrative procedures in place to, for example, only allow authorised personnel to access systems containing personal information. If you have access to parts of our websites or use our services, you remain responsible for keeping your user ID and password confidential.
Data Retention; Storage & International Data Transfers
- Data Retention: We will keep personal information only for as long as we need it to maintain our relationship with you, provide you with the products, services or information you requested, to inform our research into the preferences of our supporters, to comply with the law, and to ensure we do not communicate with individuals that asked us not to. When we no longer need the information, we will dispose of it securely, using specialist companies to do this work for us if necessary.
- Storage & International Data Transfers: Personal information is stored by us on computers located in the UK. We may also store information in paper files. We may transfer personal information to reputable third-party organisations situated inside or outside the European Economic Area. These organisations are required to safeguard personal information pursuant to their contractual obligations or participation in international data transfer mechanisms including the US-EU Privacy Shield framework.
You can usually use the browser that you are viewing us through (or application settings) to enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser or mobile telephone (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of our sites and other parts of our sites may also not work properly.
You can find out more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Some third parties may use Advertising Cookies to help gather information about your browsing activity so that they can deliver website advertising to you that is relevant to your interests. The advertising industries in EU have developed schemes to help you opt-out of receiving cookies used for these purposes. You can find out more about the EU scheme from http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
The types of cookies used on our sites can generally be put into one of five categories: Strictly Necessary; Analytics; Functionality; Advertising; and Social Media. Cookies may be presented by us (first party) and others (third parties).
Do cookies ever expire or change?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your browsing device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your browsing device after you have finished browsing until they expire or are deleted. Information about the cookies we use may be updated from time to time, so please check your browser on a regular basis for any changes.
Links to non-PCML Ltd websites