On Air Now

Weekend Breakfast

7:00am - 9:00am

Now Playing

Eagle Eyed Cherry

Save Tonight

Report, highlights & reaction: Morecambe 1-2 Forest Green Rovers

The Shrimps slipped to defeat in their final League Two home game of the season at the Mazuma Mobile Stadium.

Despite Charlie Brown's opener for the Shrimps, goals from Charlie McCann and Kyle McAllister secured a 2-1 victory for the relegated Rovers side.

It was a positive start from the Shrimps, as JJ McKiernan charged into the box forcing the visitors to clear the ball for the first corner of the afternoon. The resulting set piece was initially cleared by Rovers before Jordan Slew advanced into the box, beating his man but his shot was comfortably saved by Vicente Reyes.

Donald Love, who made his return to the starting 11 for the first time since October, found Gwion Edwards at the far post in the seventh minute but he was unable to get the ball under control and the away side won a goal kick.

In the 13th minute, Love struck the ball from distance forcing Forest Green Rovers to deflect behind for a corner.

Just before the 20 minute mark, the visitors came close after Kyle McAllistar’sshot was deflected however; Kayden Harrack was there to deal with the danger.

On 30 minutes, the Shrimps defence made two vital blocks to deny Steve Cotterill’s men the opener.

Just a minute later the home side broke the deadlock, as Charlie Brown capitalised on a mistake from goalkeeper Reyes, closing him down and taking the ball away before converting into an empty net.

In the 39th minute the visitors equalised, as Charlie McCann latched onto a through ball in the box and slotted it into the far corner.

Forest Green Rovers made it two just before half-time, as McAllister fired the ball into the net from the edge of the box.

It was an end to end start to the second half with the first notable chance falling to the visitors in the 59th minute, as Osadebe’s attempt on goal was blocked by David Tutonda.

Moments later, the home side came close as Edwards’ powerful strike sailed narrowly over the crossbar.

With Morecambe looking to find the equaliser, it was Edwards again who forced Reyes into a fine stop at full stretch in the 64th minute.

Clear cut chances proved few and far between, but the hosts came close in the 90th minute as Joel Senior’s free kick was palmed just wide of goal by Reyes.

Two minutes into the seven added on, Archie Mair had to react quickly in order to keep out Christian Doidge’s effort from close range.

Morecambe: Mair, Love (C) (Davenport, 77’), Tutonda, Rawson, McKiernan (Larsson, 86’), Senior, Slew, Edwards (Smith, 86’), Brown (Adams, 77’), Harrack (Songo’o, 58’), Khumbeni

Subs not used: Smith, Threlkeld

Goals: Brown (31’)

Bookings: Rawson.

Forest Green Rovers: Reyes, McAllister, McCann, Doidge, Garrick, Moore-Taylor (C), Robson, Dabo (Lavinier, 91’), Bunker, Keogh (Bernard, 69’), Osadebe (Jones, 80’).

Subs not used: Searle, Stevens, Maddox, Omotoye.

Goals: McCann (39’), McAllister (44').

Bookings: Dabo, McAllister, Bernard.

Attendance: 4,491 (84 away).

More from Local Sport

Local Business Partners

Recently Played Songs