White Cross Rubber manufacture sheeted and coated fabrics and are recruiting NOW.
Due to recent growth the company is currently seeking to recruit Machine Controllers and Process Operatives. The job is multi-skilled and will involve working with many different materials and processes. The main work tasks encountered are likely to be;
• Preparing and mixing rubber solutions and dough’s (mixtures of dry rubber and solvent). This also includes the offloading of solvent tanker deliveries.
• preparing and inspecting textiles and polythene for processing.
• setting up and preparing coating machinery for the production run.
• mixing rubber compounds on a two roll mill.
• setting up and preparing the calender process for rubber sheet production.
• preparing rubber sheeting for autoclave vulcanisation.
• continuous vulcanisation of rubber sheeting.
• slitting of rubber sheeting.
• surface dusting of rubber sheeting.
• fabrication of rubber sheeting.
• inspection of finished products.
• taking product samples and recording the test data for quality purposes (all processes).
• closing down and cleaning the plant and machinery, and carrying out minor maintenance work.
• warehousing of incoming raw materials and dispatch of finished product.
** Note – all tasks will be supported by Fork Lift truck, ‘Reach’ truck or electric pallet truck. How ever manual handling of light loads (up to 25 kgs approximately) will be experienced on most of the above tasks on an almost daily basis.
Candidates who have experience of working in a similar role and have experience of operating process machinery will be favoured significantly in the recruitment process, however appropriate in-house training will be given to support this role.
Please send a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com to apply now.